About the COVID Safe Return Initiative
In alignment with changes to Public Health and Cal/OSHA protocols, EHS has developed the COVID - Safe Return Initiative, an updated assessment process that will allow for ongoing communication of protocols and streamlined support, to ensure that all employees have a safe and compliant workspace.
COVID Safety Liaison
The Dean or Vice President appoints one or more designees to serve as the COVID Safety Liaison for their college/school/department. The COVID Safety Liaison:
- Serves as the point-person for their area with EHS and Emergency Management, as it relates to COVID workspace and instruction safety protocol and planning
- Coordinates or conducts the workspace assessment for their area
- Serves as the single point of contact for staff and faculty who have questions about COVID safety in their office, suite, and/or classroom
- Works with their Dean or Vice President to complete the safety attestation.
Training & Ongoing Partnership
To prepare the COVID Safety Liaison, EHS and Emergency Management will:
- Provide a training in early May along with a representative from Facilities Management (and the Provost’s Office for the colleges/schools training)
- Host monthly meetings for all Liaisons
- Send updates as protocol changes
- Provide hands-on support as needed for unique workspaces or instruction pedagogies
- Be available to address questions as they arise in the months to come.
Campus Access - Open to All Faculty and Staff & Compliance Testing
Environmental Health and Safety continues to work with each unit’s COVID Safety Liaison to ensure offices are aligned with Cal/OSHA and public health requirements. Details on current campus activity status may be found here. Please contact your unit’s COVID Safety Liaison with additional questions.
Business hours remain Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. If you require extended hours access, please consult with your dean or vice president.
To request an N95 or clear mask, please submit this form.
General COVID Safety Liaison Information
- COVID Safety Liaison Roster
- COVID Safety Liaison Training*
- COVID Safety Communications*
- Safety Session Agendas & Notes*
- Return to the Bluff Diagrams*
- Protocol Resources*
Air Filtration Information
- Air Filtration – Information Technology Services (ITS)*
- Air Filtration – Human Resources (HR)*
- Air Filtration – Academic Affairs*
- Air Filtration – Student Affairs*
*Visible to designated COVID Safety Liaisons only.