- Bikes, skateboards, individual scooters, personal e-bikes, and in-line skates are allowed on campus.
- Hoverboards and third-party shared services (such as Bird or Lime scooters, Jump bikes, etc.) are not permitted.
- Riding personal transportation is prohibited inside all campus buildings, parking structures, and designated dismount zones.
- The use of personal transportation for tricks, jumps, rail slides, grinds, etc. is prohibited.
- Riders are to remain in designated bike lanes whenever possible, and must obey all campus traffic signs.
- Pedestrians always have the right of way.
- Riders are expected to exercise care and courtesy at all times.
- LMU strongly recommends registering your bike with the Cycling Lion. Not only does it deter theft, but also helps return your bike in the event that it is stolen. Register your bike here.
LMU Public Safety maintains the lost and found program for the entire university. To report a lost item, please complete the form below. Our officers will contact you to schedule a pick-up of your lost item once found and verified.
If you lose your OneCard, are having trouble using it, or have been locked out of your residence hall, you may obtain a free temporary OneCard 24/7 at one of the following locations:
- Area Office: Monday - Thursday, 10am - 9pm; Friday, 10am - 5pm; Sunday, 7am - 9pm
- OneCard Office in the Charles Van Der Ahe Building: Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm (excluding holidays). On Wednesdays the OneCard office is open until 7pm.
- Public Safety in Foley Annex if the above offices are closed.
If you choose to call Public Safety and request direct assistance for housing access, rather than obtaining a free temporary OneCard, Public Safety will assist for a $150 charge to your student account. This includes:
- Direct access by Public Safety officers.
- Public Safety-provided escort related to the procuring of a temporary or replacement OneCard as a result of a lockout.
- Public Safety-provided patrol directly related to a lockout.
A resident student who feels they are assessed the service charge due to circumstances beyond their control has calendar 14 days to file an appeal.
When a student has a temporary mobility impairment, LMU Public Safety can provide on-campus transportation when staff are available. This service is available as a courtesy, and is not guaranteed to be available at all times. To request this service, the student with the temporary mobility impairment must contact Public Safety at 310.338.2893. A call will need to be placed each time a ride is requested.
For students with temporary mobility impairments who need other types of assistance (such as accommodations, assistance with faculty, and other resources), please contact the Office of Disability Support Services (DSS) for more information at 310.338.4216 or by visiting Daum Hall, 2nd floor.
Campus Safety Services handles the approval and distribution of all on-campus film permits. To request a permit, please visit the main office at Foley Annex between 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
Campus Safety Services (CSS) supports the safety and security of all events on campus, and event hosts should contact Public Safety 24/7/365 at 310-338-2893 if there is a concern about safety or security or to report an incident.
Hosts for events that meet any of the following criteria are required to notify Campus Safety Services of the planned event a minimum of three weeks (15 business days) prior to the scheduled event using the LMU Event Security & Safety Form*:
- Events with 500+ attendees
- Event topics or themes considered polarizing, widely debated, or widely popular
- Speaker(s), host(s), and/or invited guest(s) who are elected or government officials (current or former); who are accompanied by a security detail (armed or unarmed); and/or who require extra security due to a specific threat, safety concern, or contract terms.
With the information provided, CSS will coordinate with Conference and Event Services and the event host to create effective and strategic event security plans.
* Due to the high volume of events, Campus Safety Services can no longer respond to email or phone requests for event security.
CSS will provide the following safety and security services and support for events on LMU Westchester & Playa Vista campuses:
- Comprehensive security plans
- Crowd management
- Line management
- Flow control to/through/from the event
- Guest screening (magnetometers and/or wands)
- Stage barricade
- Perimeter control
- Ushering (for events with tickets/assigned seats)
- Ticket scanning
- Coordination (planning, event support, and emergency response) with LAPD, CHP, Secret Service, FBI and other law enforcement agencies
- Coordination with private security details
- Coordination (planning, event support, and emergency response) with LAFD
- Emergency Operations Center activation to coordinate with all departments and event host
- Other safety/security-specific functions
Services the event host must provide as applicable:
- Ticketing system and equipment
- Management of attendee or RSVP lists
- Troubleshooting and support for all issues related to ticketing
- Access control to VIP spaces, green rooms, or other controlled access event locations
- Management of event attendees
- Notification to event attendees on LMU Alert registration
- Notification to event attendees about the designated safe refuge area
- General campus policy enforcement
- Communication with 9-1-1 for response to a life-threatening health or safety emergency; then communication with Public Safety when safe to do so
- All other event host, coordination, and logistics functions, including obtaining equipment like fencing and stanchions
- Event Security Detail: $33 - $45/event security personnel/hour
- Note: Security detail requires a 4-hour minimum. Cancellations within 24 hours will incur a four-hour charge per security personnel at the contracted rate. Security personnel requested with less than 3 weeks' notice may require an hourly surcharge.
- Guest Screening with Magnetometers or Wands: Costs vary depending on several factors (e.g. availability of power, number of screeners required, etc.) CSS will provide this information to the event host.
- Event Support: If additional event support is required (e.g. EOC activation), CSS will provide the estimated costs to the event host.
Public Safety will work with departments, colleges, and schools to hire and coordinate a temporary security detail if there is a security threat or safety concern validated by Public Safety. For example: the door to a suite or residence hall is undergoing an infrastructure upgrade rendering the door lock temporarily inoperable; this may require an officer to be posted at the front door to facilitate access control.
If you believe you need a security detail, complete the form and Public Safety will follow up with you within two business days. Note that a minimum of one week (5 business days) is required to process a non-event security detail request.
Event Security Detail: $33 - $45/event security personnel/hour
Note: Security detail requires a 4-hour minimum. Cancellations within 24 hours will incur a four-hour charge per security personnel at the contracted rate. Security personnel requested with less than 1 weeks' notice may require an hourly surcharge.