In an emergency, always dial 9-1-1 first. Then call LMU Public Safety for additional backup at 310.338.2893 or -222 from any campus landline phone.
LMU Counseling Center: 310.338-2868
LMU Student Health Services: 310.338.2881
LMU Off-Campus Student Life: 310.568.6262
Other Contacts & Resources
LAPD Non-Emergency: 877.ASK.LAPD
LAFD Non-Emergency: 323.881.2411
L.A. County Sheriff Non-Emergency: 213.229.1700
L.A. Department of Water & Power: 800.DIAL.DWP
Southern California Edison: 800.655.4555
Southern California Gas Company: 877.238.0092
National Poison Control Center: 800.222.1222
If you are the victim of sexual assault:
- Go to a safe place as soon as you can.
- Call for help. For all emergencies, dial 9-1-1 first, followed by LMU Public Safety. For calls that are not time sensitive, call LMU Public Safety at 310.339.2893.
- Preserve all physical evidence.
- Keep a log.
- Seek emergency medical and crisis treatment.
- Santa Monica Rape Treatment Center: 310.319.4000
- LMU Student Health Services: 310.338.2881
- LMU Counseling Center: 310.338.2868
- Get help abroad with the ACE Travel Assistance Program.
- Domestic: 855.327.1414
- International: +1 630.694.9764
- Other Resources:
- L.A. District Attorney's Office – Sex Crimes Division, 213.974.1611
- L.A. County Domestic Violence Hotline, 800.978.3600
- Callisto Campus: a non-profit platform by survivors, for survivors – providing individuals with trauma-informed options for reporting sexual assault in a safe way.
LMU Public Safety is committed to supporting and managing the campus Automated External Defibrillator (AED) program. There are Public Access Defibrillators (PADs) located throughout campus in addition to portable and non-public access AEDs for various programs and offices.
If you are ever in need of an AED and cannot locate one in the vicinity, you can call Public Safety at x222 from a campus phone or 310.338.2893.
If you have any questions, please contact us or visit our main office located in Foley Annex.
Use this handy checklist as a guide, to ensure you have everything you need to survive an emergency.
Organize your family's emergency plan info, all in one place. Includes instructions for a household meetup location and important contact info (for both local and out-of-state emergency contacts, doctors, veterinarians, and more).
In an evacuation, building occupants should report to these designated areas to receive further instructions from LMU Campus Safety.
All faculty are strongly encouraged to include this form in their syllabus each semester. Be sure to complete the fields with emergency info specific to your classroom/building. If you need help filling out the fields, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
City of Los Angeles disaster tips, emergency preparedness and recovery website.
The Los Angeles County Office of Emergency Management has designed a program and informational website to prepare for disasters and terrorist attacks. This information is provided to aide in developing a disaster plan.
Emergency Planning for Persons with Disabilities, Seniors, and Others with Access or Functional Needs
Provided by the L.A. County Office of Emergency Management.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) preparedness website.